Ballistic calculators

Sponsored by BLASERBUDS
trazman
Site Admin

Ballistic calculators

Postby trazman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:09 am

Tell us which ballistic software you like most.

I prefer the Shooter app on my Iphone. I found it deadly accurate if I do my part.

Deerhunter338mag

Re: Ballistic calculators

Postby Deerhunter338mag » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:17 pm

I use shooter as well I find it very simple to use. If your data is right then the rest is up to you :P
Aim small, miss small

Lrhunter

Postby Lrhunter » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:57 pm

I like Strelok it is user friendly. It is also accurate.

RVargueS

Postby RVargueS » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:05 pm

What do you have to say about: ballistic (JBM) or applied ballistics??

have tried it?

trazman
Site Admin

Postby trazman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:53 am

JBM is really good but you need internet. If you have a smart phone I sugest you applied ballistics or maybe even Shooter.

RVargueS

Postby RVargueS » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:16 pm

the applied ballistics is much more expensive than the shooter, does it justify ?

has some used the kestrel with the AB included ??

Or is best to use a softer kestrel like the 3500

dchamp

Postby dchamp » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:18 am

I’ve never used JB but I have Shooter, Applied Ballistics & Strelok on my iPhone . All work but I think I like Sterok the best. The reason being, it has the most reticles available to choose from, Applied Ballistics has only a few and Shooter has none. It is not necessary but the reticle overlay for point of aim is a fun feature and I like it.

I’ve had a Kestrel 4000NV for years and see no reason to up grade.

Actually the only real necessity is doping your load and knowing your rifle. But it is a convenience and sometimes helps to speed things along having the above mentioned tools.
TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT & SPEAK THE TRUTH - COL JEFF COOPER

Jomas

Postby Jomas » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:38 am

I have a Kestrel 4500 AB model, and have found it's ballistc calculations to be some of the best I have encountered. Certainly better than the Ballistic FTE app I have used. I have used the 4500 AB's calculations to shoot rocks out to 1300 meters in dramatically different conditions and it was able to provide very accurate dope.

Also, it gives me density altitude, which, together with temp, are the only data I need now.

The anemometer is always with me and the battery never runs out, unlike the smartphone.

Deerhunter338mag

Postby Deerhunter338mag » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:13 am

Jomas wrote:I have a Kestrel 4500 AB model, and have found it's ballistc calculations to be some of the best I have encountered. Certainly better than the Ballistic FTE app I have used. I have used the 4500 AB's calculations to shoot rocks out to 1300 meters in dramatically different conditions and it was able to provide very accurate dope.

Also, it gives me density altitude, which, together with temp, are the only data I need now.

The anemometer is always with me and the battery never runs out, unlike the smartphone.

I like it and we'll be something I will look into that's for sure. I think your crazy if you don't up date you technology in this long range game. I do like it.

http://kestrelmeters.com/products/kestrel-4500nv-applied-ballistics-meter
Aim small, miss small

Predator

Postby Predator » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Did any of you tried the Hornady 4DOF calculator? If it does what they advertise it should be quite good. If u are using Hornady projectiles of course.
http://www.hornady.com/ballistics-resource/4dof.
If i will have the time, i will compare with real world results and with the results i get from the AB app.

Return to “Weapons and Ballistics”