Zeiss ASV+

Detailed product reviews. You can find them here:REVIEWS
trazman
Site Admin

Zeiss ASV+

Postby trazman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:07 am

This is a thread for discussion of the Zeiss ASV+ product review. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the product review.

trazman
Site Admin

Re: Zeiss ASV+

Postby trazman » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:51 pm

In the article you can now find also the differences between ASV+, ASV LR and ASV Competition turrets.

stokesrj

Re: Zeiss ASV+

Postby stokesrj » Tue May 10, 2016 2:31 am

The Zeiss ASV+ is the best ballistic turret solution I have yet seen. It is rock solid, and adaptable. For a long time I have invested n custom turret solutions and before that custom ballistic reticles from Premier Reticles before Leupold offered custom reticles through their custom shop. They have served me well but with many shortcomings. The Zeiss ASV+ comes the closest to solving the problems I have observed in the field better than any solution I am aware of. I've used Night Force, Huskama, Leupold, Swarovski and now the Zeiss.

All of them have their strengths and weaknesses. Visibility of markings under low light, mushy turret movements, non zero stop, and so forth. Yet I find the Zeiss ASV+ the most satisfactory. It is also a solution that is adaptable if, and for me, when, i find a better load. With my custom Swarovski Ballistic Turrets a new cap is in order and possibly two or three trips to the range, which for costs at least $200 per trip when considering the transportation and ammunition. Which doesn't even begin to consider the cost of the time invested.

The ASV+ can be modeled on the computer, then tested under actual range conditions, yet allow for a change of ballistic rings if warranted in stead of coming back another day. I've had no problem finding solutions to less flat shooting cartridges which are limited to rings 4-9 for up to 400 yards. I've also had no problem finding solutions for flatter shooting cartridges out to 600 yards. which is sufficient for me under actual field hunting conditions.

Beyond 600 yards a ballistic calculator and a click turret are called for, the calibration can be cm/100 meters, or 1/4" or even 1/8" per click at 100 yards, It doesn't matter, a solution can be found. It just depends upon what you want to do. I've never found a situation that required me to shoot 600 yards or further, but it is nice to know you can do so if needed. And as a bonus, once you are competent at 1,000 yards, 600 yards seems like a "chip shot".

Bob

Return to “Reviews”