Swarovski Z8i vs Zeiss V8 (on paper comparison)

Detailed product reviews. You can find them here:REVIEWS
trazman
Site Admin

Swarovski Z8i vs Zeiss V8 (on paper comparison)

Postby trazman » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:09 pm

This is a thread for discussion of the Swarovski Z8i vs Zeiss Victory V8 (on paper comparison) product review. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the product review.

RifleTuner

Re: Swarovski Z8i vs Zeiss V8 (on paper comparison)

Postby RifleTuner » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:18 am

Thanks for the review. They both look like reasonable scopes, but I dont see either one being really suitable for long range hunting. I think they need another 50% internal adjustment range in their vertical dialling. And I am not sold on the ballistic turret for LRH. I believe a good ballistics app and accurate turrets gives you a much more versatile setup for the varied atmospheric conditions that you are likely to have to deal with in LRH.

Citypointslim

Re: Swarovski Z8i vs Zeiss V8 (on paper comparison)

Postby Citypointslim » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Great comparison and article ! A couple of corrections though.

1. There are 4 models of the Zeiss Victory V8
1-8x30
1.8-14x50
2.8-20x56
4.8-35x60

2. The V8 comes with a coupon for free ASV+ ring from Kenton industries in the US that allows for a ballistic specific ring exact to your rifle.

3. Even being a 36mm tube the scope is mounted with Low or Medium Talley signature rings (included in US) so it doesn't have a tremendous sight height above bore that people would think. All models except the 4.8-35x60 are mounted with the Low rings. The 4.8-35x60 will require the medium rings for install.

Thanks again for the article !

Return to “Reviews”